About Preserved Light
Visual storytelling that will leave you nostalgic for places and moments you may have never been...
Based out of the South Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Preserved Light Photography's work is layered in outdoor adventures, scenic landscapes, authentic lifestyles and travel destinations that are not only visually engaging, but emotionally engaging as well.
My passion for capturing timeless imagery that instills a sense of wonder is emphasized by utilizing strong compositional techniques, unique perspectives, dramatic lighting and an incessant curiosity towards the humbling world around us. The stories and experiences we share are what connect us to one another during our life on Planet Earth. Let the days unfold before you like a map.
Working closely with Tourism Organizations and Travel Companies, my work has been published and awarded by National Geographic, North Face, Time Magazine, Google+, the CBC, Sigma Lenses, the International Mountain Summit, Outdoor Photography Canada Magazine and the Canadian National Capitol Commission to name a few.
Owned & Operated by Caillum Smith
Based out of Naramata, BC, Canada
Awards & Recognition
- 2017 - Slackcountry Cup Photo Contest winner
- 2016 - Destination BC's Winter Ambassador - Apex Mountain Resort
- 2016 - Guest Speaker @ Central Okanagan Photography Club
- 2015 - Ambassador for Mountain Hardwear - Summer + Winter campaigns
- 2015 - Penticton Art Council's Visual Media Award
- 2015 - Interview with CBC Radio West & publication with the CBC
- 2015 - 2 x Guest Speaker @ The Shatford Centre - Penticton Photo Club
- 2015 - Elected onto Board of Directors for Discover Naramata
- 2014 - Ambassador for Mountain Hardwear Canada's #FindingWinter campaign
- 2014 - Google+ & TIMES Magazine's Best of #MyBeautifulEarth feature in Times Square
- 2014 - 1st Place - Sigma Canada Photo Contest, March 2014
- 2014 - Workshop Host @ the Meadowlark Nature Festival
- 2013 - Image of the Year - Outdoor Photography Magazine, Editors Assignment: Perspective
- 2013 - 3rd Place - KIKU, IMS Photo Contest - "Mountains, Light & Shadows"
- 2012 - 1st Place - Photography at the Summit with National Geographic, North Face, Nikon, Chris Burkard
- 2012 - Lowepro Camera Bags - Preferred Photographer
- 2012 - 1st place - Nature Trust of BC's Nature and Water Photo Contest
- 2011 - Finalist - Canadian National Capitol Commissions Eco Art Competition & Exhibits